So many people are struggling right now due the hurricane and following store. I am in daily contact with the family I went to visit, and since so many people were asking how they could help, what people would need, and where to send it, I asked her and got a list.
If you’d like to help supply needed items to families on Long Beach Island who lost their homes in the storm, they are in need of the following:
- Long Underwear/thermals in all sizes for the firemen and displaced. The gas is off on the island and they are COLD.
- Gloves, Knit Hats, Scarves, etc
- Medicine (over the counter cold medicine, Tylenol, etc
- Immodium. Some of the people have been eating what’s in their freezers and are sick from it.
- Adult size depends. (VERY needed and requested)
- HEAVY socks.
- Anything holiday spirit-ish
- Toys or Games. Some of the children on the island have no toys after the storm destroyed their homes.
The above items would be HUGELY appreciated. UPS isn’t delivering to the island yet, but I have found a local business woman who lives an hour away and who has VERY generously offered to drive the donations to the Firestation on the island and drop them off for the families. She made a trip yesterday and will be going again shortly.
Please send all donations to:
A Time to Kiln
50 Broad Street
Red Bank NJ 07701
The business is owned by Wendy Jones
Thanks Wendy for your help!!!!